28 May 2010

Pencil Vase

So, the little break turned into a long one. My condition was worse than the docs originally thought and the first doctor was REALLY bad (as in, he was on the front page of the newspaper today for a DUI- not his first offense- and it was only 8:30 in the morning and he was on his way to work!- BAD!) Now I have a good doctor- the bad news?- I have Crohn's Disease. The good news? I'm feeling much better and have a ridiculous amount of energy thanks to the steroids I'm on which is the long way of saying... I'm back, baby! I will be posting a couple of times per week until I can work up to more.This pencil vase is a teacher's gift my daughter and I made last week for her Kindergarten teacher. It was a week late for Teacher Appreciation Week, but just in time for Open House! I found this fabulous idea here and knew I had to steal it! I think teachers always appreciate gifts they can really put to use and they can always use pencils. We used the following:My daughter actually did most of the work herself which is always nice for a teacher gift. We just slipped the rubber band over the Crystal Light canister and slid the pencils in. A couple of ribbons were tied around the pencils to hide the band and it was filled with Snapdragons from my mom's flower garden. This was seriously so easy and so much fun to do. Abby was really exited to give it to her teacher and have it on display for everyone to see Open House night.

9 comments:

  1. came here from today's creative blog. i'm always looking for kid-friendly crafts, and this is such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about you disease, but I'm glad you now have a decent doctor and finally know what the illness is rather than having to wait etc. I love this vase! It's so cute! Makes me want to use all my spare pencils LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're feeling better, have a diagnosis and a great doctor. Having a professional you can trust makes such a huge difference. And I LOVE the vase. This is such a cute idea! I'll be linking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting a link! I'll be featuring this party link in my newsletter this week. (p.s. Sorry about you not feeling well, but at least it sounds like things are looking up!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really, really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a good idea! Great way to add a little sunshine to a teachers day. I included a link to it in my top 23 Fav Teacher Gift Tutorials round-up! Feel free to grab a featured button.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! I have a question, how did the pencils not slip right off - maybe it was just a really tight rubberband? Anyway, nicely done!

    Glad you have medicine now so you can feel better!

    Brie @ BreezyPinkDaisies

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails